Making Deeper Connections
Connection is perhaps the most crucial component in building a productive and efficient workplace.
Work relationships are incredibly important to employee well-being, as a sense of belonging is an important intrinsic motivator. The more connected and invested colleagues are, the more fulfilling and dynamic the workplace can be. In addition, having social and emotional support from your colleagues and loved ones is a necessary resource to manage the inherent stress and fatigue that accompanies our professional lives.
In this 60-minute workshop, we will explain how to build (or rebuild) healthy communication styles, how to have proactive check-ins, and how to increase a sense of mutual respect.
By the end of this workshop, attendees will have the skills needed to:
- Why developing healthy relationships is a necessary resource of both our work and personal lives.
- Understand what a healthy relationship looks like, based on your unique experience as an individual.
- Improve their capacity to communicate with those in their life, through assertive and respectful communication.
- How to negotiate or renegotiate the terms of a relationship, based on their identified needs, expectations, and boundaries.
- Develop the indicators needed to identify when a relationship is not working
Why this matters
“Strong social connections make people happier and physically healthier, which can translate into work performance.”